We’ve been busy as ever these past few months improving our backend systems to allow us to really ramp up releases in the new year. Here’s an overview of what’s been happening.
Department Non-Conflicts Are Here!
I’m super excited about this feature! You can now set non-conflicts for departments, sub-departments, and positions. This means scheduling for positions that can be filled by the same person have the ability to not conflict. For example, you might want to allow a worship leader to play acoustic guitar.
This doubles the power of swap/replace requests and the auto-rostering tool which both have been impeded by not having the ability to set non-conflicts.
The potential is endless! You can make positions not conflict with other positions in the same department or make a position not conflict with a position in another department. You can make position not conflict with an entire department or make a sub-department not conflict with another sub-department. I could go on with all the options but I’m sure you catch my drift.
Non-conflicts are also inherited. What this means is if you set the Worship Team department to non-conflict with the Set Up Team department, all sub-departments and positions within those two departments will not conflict.
Other Department Updates
We’ve also made a couple of other improvements to departments this week.
The interface when editing a department has been given a makeover to be more user-friendly and simple. We now have 3 buttons to the right of each sub-department and position allowing you to edit extra details (reports to for example), set conflicts and delete.
We’ve rebuilt our old merge positions feature so that you can now merge departments and sub-departments if you so desire.
More Department Enhancements Coming Soon
In the new year we’ll be releasing a couple more enhancements to departments:
- Ability to set a ‘Reports To’ person for an entire department.
- Ability to remove sub-departments and just have positions in a department.
Mobile App Version 2 BETA
I’ll admit, the Mobile App has not had the attention it has needed this past 12 months. This has been due to a couple of factors but we want to assure you the Mobile App is a huge part of Elvanto’s future.
I do have some good news though. We’ve rebuilt the Mobile App from scratch. We’ve added a couple of new features since the first version but our main goal with version 2 was to put get our code to a state where we will be able to add features to it much faster in the new year.
New features include volunteer swap/replace which I know many have been waiting for. We’ve also added a media player so you can play music in a playlist just like the Web App. We’ve also improved the user interface here and there.
We’ll be sending out BETA access very soon so to obtain your invite to give it a whirl, please fill in this form.
Updates to Automatically Generated Giving Numbers
A couple of months ago we released an update to automatically generated giving numbers. Previously we had a more random way of generating giving numbers which caused problems due to the restrictions that existed (such as running out of possible giving numbers if you set your limits too low).
To alleviate this we’ve removing the randomness from the system and making this more sequential. In this method, we’ll simply be looking at the highest existing number, and simply using the next number.
This method simply allows us to ensure that when a new giving number is getting generated, we’ll always have a number to give them. This will ensure we have a number to give every time it’s required.
Chord Chart Improvements
To make chord charts easier to use, we’ve recently made some changes to how chord charts can be configured to suit your desired look and feel.
Two Columns in Portrait mode
After adding in two-columns for landscape we had a number of people asking for two-columns for portrait charts too, so we’ve added this in, just for you!
Bold and italic lyrics, page and column breaks and colored chords!
That’s right. We’ve added a number of additional options for formatting in the chord charts!
More flexibility when adding chords to lyrics
Previously, this was the only way to add chords to your lyrics:
Verse 1 [D]Amazing Grace, how [G/D]sweet the [D]sound That saved a wretch like [A/D]me I [D]once was [D/F#]lost but [G]now am [D]found Was blind but [A/D]now I [D]see
You can now enter these same chords above the lyrics follows:
Verse 1 D G/D D Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound A/D That saved a wretch like me D D/F# G D I once was lost but now am found A/D D Was blind but now I see
The chord chart that gets generated will look exactly the same.
- Added new settings page under Account to allow you to customize your password requirements
- Added the ability to export a list of tickets along with registrant data for events
- More data is now sent to Stripe and PayPal for event registration payments
- Enhanced search to find names that sound like the search term (searching “stewart” should return people named “stuart”)
- Form admins can now preview un-published forms
- Improved the speed of sending email invites for events
- Made what services appear on the roster more consistent, so any service on the current day should always appear even if it started in the past
- Improved handling of members who have chosen to hide their photo from the member directory
- Improved translation of check-in search text
- Improved how hidden photos appear in the member directory
- Added ‘Edit Multiple Services’ link to the main services menu for easy access
- Improved people search in most areas to help assist with typos
- Adding a song to a service should now remember the settings you used last time
- Improved the instructions for creating your ViaNett SMS integration
- Countless small bug fixes and improvements
Other things we’re working on
These features aren’t all we’re working on, but they’re the largest things that will be out in the new year. Some of the other things we’re working on includes:
- Accept Tithe.ly payments within Event Registration
- Adding custom fields to groups
- Version 2 of our API
- User interface updates to groups, reports, services and songs
Hopefully, these upcoming changes make your experience of Elvanto just that little bit easier. If you haven’t already, make sure to subscribe to our Releases Site to stay up-to-date with when these features get released.
The comments are closed.